Monday, January 21, 2008

Plumbing repairs are a rip-off

I think I am going to take a basic plumbing class.  

Today we had to have the plumber come to snake our drain.  We have a snake, but not one of the heavy duty ones and I was tired of brushing my teeth in the kitchen sink.  Therefore we paid the plumber.

I am disgusted by the fact that I paid the plumber $270, to spend 5 minutes snaking my drain. JUST SICK, maybe as sick as I was last night.

Just now I decided to look up on line how much one of those fancy electric snakes are.  Okay, $179 for the fancy snake.  I decided I am going to buy one and snake drains in exchange for beer and pizza.   

I JUST CAN'T BELIEVE IT.

1 comment:

Amy said...

You bet they are sure a rip off. You see what happens is that many a times we try to save money by calling in local plumbers instead of getting a reputed company to do the job for us. When it is good company that is doing the job then, you can be sure of getting a good deal along with a reliable service and products. I stay in LA and for any plumbing issue I simply call in the guys from George Brazil(www.georgebrazil.net) at any time of the day or night. They always have done a good job for me and moreover, they have even included me in their money saver schemes. I think they might be the answer to end your worries.