Monday, January 7, 2008

The holidays are OVER!

I took the rest of the Christmas decorations down last night. The house looks positively drab. The kids had to go back to school today and I have to work a full week this week. Yuck! Not that I don’t positively love my job, because I just do. Really! The snow is all gone and we are going to have record high temps today. Let’s just face it, it is over!

But……Only 5 weeks until Disney!!!!

Last night after dinner (Ree’s pot roast, mmmmmmmmmmmmm), Z said to me. “Mom, I’m a little bit nervous about going to school tomorrow.” We talked about how he was going to get to see C and the rest of his buddies, but that didn’t seem to help. He was tossing and turning and crying on and off until about 11:00pm. He finally got to sleep but was up a 5:00 am. He came in and gave me that sadder than sad look, “Mom, I am still a bit nervous about going to school tomorrow”. I said, “It is today, buddy. It is morning already. I pulled him into bed and then got up to go take a shower. His little face, just breaks my heart. Even though I know what a little turkey he can be. I hope he had a good day. Funny thing is, I was exactly like that as a kid, probably all the way through college.

Back to the food. I love food, all kinds of food. Last week while visiting the Pioneer Woman, she had posted about pot roast and pot roast just happened to be on sale. Bonus. So yesterday, I got out my new Rachel Ray cast iron enamel dutch oven and went to work. I love that pan, only I should have had EB get me the bigger one. I am not sure what piece made it so fabulous, but it was fabulous. I used wine. I have never really cooked with wine before, it definitely made the gravy, oh let me just say it one more time, fabulous. I polished off the rest of it for lunch. Mmmmmmm even better the second day.

Back to the old usuals. We had spaghetti for dinner. BLAH.....

No comments: