Wednesday, January 9, 2008

The next something?

Today, as I was feeding the kids dinner (frozen pizza, I am so June Cleaver) and getting ready for AWANA, I received two phone calls. One from the teacher of our AWANA class, (I am the assistant) and the other from the AWANA director. Our teacher was going to be out and could I run class, really not a big deal they are 3-5 year olds and they wouldn't know if I was messing it up or not. The second call was a much bigger deal. Our AWANA director has been one of the co-directors of our VBS (Vacation Bible School) program for the last 8 years, this year she stepped down from VBS and into the AWANA directors position. She has asked me to step into the role of co-director of VBS.

This is a big deal. It is a huge time commitment and I am not sure if it is a good time to take on something this big, while looking for a new job and working full time. On the flip side, it is a great opportunity to be more involved in our church. So pray for me to get some direction on this one.

Starting tomorrow I think I am going to post a "tip a day". You know really helpful things, like:

How to close a chip bag.
How to replace the role on the toilet paper.

If all goes well I might even throw in a video, showing how these things are so easy, even a man could do it.

GOOD NIGHT.

No comments: