Thursday, March 27, 2008

Oh so happy to write the tax man a check for $1117.

I just filed our 2007 taxes and I am sitting here doing another little happy dance.  I had to pay $1117 and I am ecstatic. 

Way back in January I did a quick run through on our taxes.  I didn't have the official forms from everyone, but I knew all the numbers.  The little tax program said I owed $5898.  I have been fretting actually filing our taxes since about January 2, okay fretting my be a little understated.  I think I cried for 2 days.  

Today, I decided to bite the bullet and pay the piper.  I ran the update program, edited a couple of numbers and low and behold I only owed $1117.  OMG am I happy.  We can eat for a couple more months if I don't find a job:)  

Next I did our state taxes and we are getting back $691, so a net loss of $426.  I will take it. 
Hip Hip Hooray!

Now if it would only stop snowing.  

 

No comments: