Saturday, March 29, 2008

Mid-life crisis!

I don't know if it is a mid-life crisis or an identity crisis, but today I picked up one of these.



Why, you ask?  

Because I am celebrating, not having to pay the tax man $6k big ones.  Actually, I have wanted to play the guitar since I was in college.  A friend from church said she would teach me, so why not.  Life is short you should do what you want to do.  There is justification for you! 

It came with a free instructional DVD and I found a great website that has lots of free lessons and free music. 

So far I can play 3 chords pretty well and one not so well at all.  My fingers are sore, but the DVD says I will develop calluses pretty quickly and that will make it easier to play.  Great, calluses on my hands and on my feet.  I will probably also have to cut off my last fingernail.  My beauty will be beyond compare.  

EB would like to know when I will have time to play the guitar.  That is a very good question.  I figure at the rate I am going on my job search I will have the whole summer.  Maybe I could start sleeping less or practice while I help B with his fractions. Maybe strum a few chords while I whip up a souffle'.  

The puppies have to go home tomorrow and there is going to be one very sad boy.  I am going to be just a bid sad myself.  

No comments: