Thursday, March 6, 2008

I love this man

nfl_a_bfavre7_400.jpg


On Tuesday morning, my life changed.  My friend AM called and said, "I just saw on-line that Brett just retired".  This man I have watched so passionately, for 17 years, decided to retire.  I know, I have gone on before about my love for Brett, but really, I must again.


I have cheered, cried, sworn, stomped and thrown things at the TV, but it is over.  


I know I will still cheer for Green Bay, as G pointed out. "Mom we can still cheer for Green Bay." 


"Yes sweetheart we can, but it won't be the same." 


I cheered for the Packers long before Brett came around, but he has been at the heart of my football passion. 


I know, I know, Peyton Manning is a better technical quarterback, but he doesn't play with the passion Brett does.  He doesn't make your heart soar and then crush it in an instant, and then you still want to hug him and make him feel better.  No one does it like Brett does   He is not nearly as cute either.  I don't like facial hair, but I love his.


I am just sad, sad, sad!


I promise this is my last Brett post. 



No comments: