Saturday, March 8, 2008

$475 at Wal-Mart. Holy Cow

I am never going to be able to afford to be unemployed. I am a bit concerned about my impending unemployment.  I don't think $300 is going to cover my trips to big box stores of this world.  

We took a little trip to Wally world today.  I haven't used up my FSA money from last year and I only have one more week to use it or lose it and I have $174 left. I decided I should get new glasses, maybe even a funky pair.  

So off we went to Wal-Mart.

My fashion stylists and I tried on thousands of pairs of glasses.  Okay that is a bit of an exaggeration.  Z was very upset that he couldn't get glasses.  His best buddy, C, has glasses and he really, really wants them.  I tried to tell him that it is not fun to have to wear glasses, but he was not deterred.  EB then says, "Let's go to the toy department."   I wanted to strangle the man right then and there and I might have had there not been lots of witnesses.  I mean seriously, he is whining and to get him to be quiet, you let him pick out a toy.   Their logic is spectacular.  

So I finally picked out my new sort of funky glasses and paid for them.  $238, that is more than I have ever paid for glasses, but I decided to get the transition lenses again.  I have had them before and really liked them, but found that after about a year, they didn't get completely clear. She said these were the new and improved transition lenses and they change much faster than before.  

Then she asked me if I was interested in contacts and I said, "No, I can't really wear contacts.  I have dry eyes and astigmatism."

She said, "You have to try the new Advanced Hydra Clear ones.  They work for almost everyone." 

Great just what I need, another purchasing opportunity.  I mean, I have really accepted the fact that I can't wear contacts anymore, but I would really love to wear contacts.  But that would require another eye exam and lots more money.  UGH UGH!!!!!

The other $240 was spent on groceries, laundry detergent and toys.  Insert angry face here.

No comments: