Monday, March 24, 2008

How can it be Monday?

I was fortunate enough to have a 3 day weekend, but where did it go.  Here's the low down and let me say it didn't start out well.  

Thursday after work, I picked up EB and we headed to the dealership because EB's engine light was on, left the truck and went home ate dinner at 7 (the kids usual bedtime) and then ended up going to bed soon after the kids.

Friday was even more exciting.  G had a doctors appointment in the morning, she still has fluid in her ear.  EB and Z had dentist appointments after lunch and then I was going to head off to Wally World to pick up my glasses.  Just about the time EB and Z get home from the dentist, the snow starts coming down, a lot.  I decided I didn't want to drive alone to WW so the whole family hopped in the van and headed out to pick up my glasses.  What should have been a 30 minute drive turned into an hour and we saw several accidents and an overturned car.  We should have stayed home, but I knew I wasn't going to be able to pick up my glasses until next weekend if we didn't go then.  Needless to say we didn't get home until 7 and had dinner that late again.  So totally against my dinner time rules.    

Also, somewhere in there the dealership called and said, hey the truck is done and it is $380. Yeah, how lucky can we be.

Saturday was just as crazy.  Ran in the morning, picked up the truck, ran to Kohls, came home prepped Big Mama's baked french toast and then washed and took apart all the grapes, dyed Easter eggs,  went to a couple of hockey games, got home at 10:30, put the kids to bed, ironed 2 shirts, 1 dress and 1 skirt.  Went to bed at 11:30.

Sunday got up, put the french toast in the oven, showered got everyone ready for brunch at church.  Went to brunch and church, came home and we all changed into our pjs, ate lunch, took a nap, watched the Bee Movie, ate dinner and went to bed.  Easter was a lovely day!  We are so lucky to be able to celebrate this miracle. 


I guess that is how it became Monday.

Out of the mouth of my G.

We were talking about something at dinner (I have no idea what), but she pops up and says, "Oh I wrote about that on my blog."    OMG!


No comments: