Tuesday, May 20, 2008

A Double and 2 RBIs

Sorry, posting has been so intermittent.  Life is crazier than usual these days. I will post more on the job stuff later.  But this is the most important thing that could happen all week.

B got a hit!!!!!

This is the 5th week of baseball, and he had yet to hit the ball. Several strikeouts and a couple of walks, but not hits.  Well he has been pretty down and didn't really want to play anymore, but we have been practicing.  In fact my arm still hurts from pitching to him on Friday. 

Anyway, his second turn at bat came up.  They are in the 5th inning, there are two outs and two boys on base, the game is tied and he hits over the 3rd baseman's head.  The crowd goes wild! Seriously, every one was standing up and screaming.  I don't think you will be able to wipe the smile off his face for a month and I am sure he will be sleeping with the game ball for the rest of the summer. 

I have to say I have been really impressed with the kids on this team.  B is the youngest and littlest kid on the team.  This is his first year, whereas everyone (on his team) else is playing for their 2nd or 3rd year.  Every time he has struck out these kids have been so encouraging to him.  Telling him he will get better and to just keep trying. 

It was a good night.  Mom had just a few tears in her eyes.  BTW I took a picture of him striking out, but did I get one of his hit.  Of course not. 

No comments: