Friday, February 22, 2008

Rigormortis has set in.

Yes, that is how I feel.  I mean I have felt like death all week or maybe death would have felt better than I felt all week.  

We got back from our fabulous vacation, of which I share much more later, on Monday and it all went down hill from there.  EB took my car to get the oil changed and when he was dropped off by the courtesy van an hour later I knew we were in trouble.  Monday night he had a dinner for work to go to and I wasn't feeling the best, but I was sure I would be fine.  Tuesday I couldn't get out of bed.  The nice little dealership brought our car back for us while I writhed in pain in bed.  The our fabulous friends F & S picked up the kids and EB took me the ER. I saw some friends there too.  It was crazy busy and 5 hours later I found out I had the FLU. The AWFUL, SUCKY, STINKY, NASTY FLU.    I don't want to hear anything about the flu shot either, because it wouldn't have mattered, wrong strain.

So I was pretty much down for the count all week.  I have now missed 2 full weeks of work, haven't done that since I had those kids.  Today was the first day I managed to eat anything besides a bowl of chicken noodle soup. I also managed to drive the 3 blocks to school to pick up those fabulous children of mine.

I have also have to thank my great friends and EB that really helped me out.  CA thanks for the casserole, I think even the kids might have been tired of PBJ, NB and HB, thanks for taking care of the school blood drive.  I just really don't think they would have let me in the building.  Pastor and HR for all their prayers ( I'll fill in later on what the extra prayers were for).  

And most importantly EB who took care of the kids and me and took me back to the dr yesterday and then stayed home with me all day.  He is the best.   

No comments: