Thursday, July 15, 2010

They are doing what?

EB calls me at 2:30 today and says, "You're dad and brother are coming up to bring the pool table."

I said, "When?"

He says, "Now, they are leaving in a little bit."

Now, my parents said several months ago that they wanted us to take their pool table. We have even tried to set up a couple of times to do it, but it never worked out.

So apparently somebody had a wild hair and decided it needed to be moved today.

My brother threw out his back before they even got it up the stairs at my parents house, but they somehow managed to get it up the stairs and to the truck.  They drove the 2 1/2 hours up here only to figure out that it wouldn't fit around the end of the stairwell.

So we did this.


What's a little drywall repair.

Then we did this.



Okay I didn't.  I just stayed out of the way and prayed they didn't scratch my slate floor.

Then this happened.



But hey, what's a little more drywall repair.

Then this happened.


And all was good.

Did you know?



That a cast makes a really great brace for your pool stick.

And sticking your tongue out really improves your game.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh dear...I hope you get a ton of fun out of something so heavy!
Maybe he'll keep the cast just for playing pool!