Wednesday, July 2, 2008

It isn't my style

Last night we went to another farewell meal with friends.  S is a dear friend.  We have different parenting styles.  Very different.  

I am completely over protective, I have rules and standards. I make them eat fruits and vegetables, go to bed at a decent time and I don't let them play with knives.   I know that, my friends know that and that is just the way it is.  I like to have fun and we do, really. Just yesterday I took them to McDonald's and a movie where we had pop and popcorn.   They have also had hotdogs for 7 out of their last 10 meals.  I really can't think about that too much or we will have to go on a detoxification plan.  

S is a free spirited, anything goes, kind of mother.  The kind of parent any child would probably love.  I could never survive in her world, but it works for her.  Unless of course I had massive doses of prozac.  I had to leave after a couple of hours there, I was getting jittery. 

Funny thing everyone survived. 

No comments: