Friday, July 4, 2008

Politics and Religion


If you don't want to read about my soapbox, go Google something else.  

I love the 4th of July.  It is my favorite holiday. I know that may sound strange coming from a Christian, but it is the 4th of July that let's me worship when I want, where I want, and about what I want.  

I cry when they sing the Star Spangled Banner, honestly, nearly every time I hear it.  I love what it stands for.  I am honored that people fought and died for our right to live as we wish, even if I don't agree with how you live.  I don't get to judge, that is God's job.   

I love all the symbols of freedom that we use to honor this holiday.  I love fireworks, especially the loud ones that make your heart beat faster.  I love the American Flag, sparklers, picnics and parades.

We are so fortunate to live in this country.  I know there are so many things that could be better, but there are far more things that could be so much worse.  

PS.  Our rinky dinky little village of 2500 grew to many, many more last night as we watched an awesome fireworks display.  We are one of the very few towns that still put on a fireworks display for the 4th.  It is all funded by donations. What a great country we live in.  This will truly be one of the things I miss about this town.  

1 comment:

Pipa Hidraulica said...

In the nigth, so freaky people some whit...
It was in Balvanera, in a far far night...