Monday, June 30, 2008

It is finally over.

Today was my last day of work.  It was very bittersweet.  

Things are changing and we are moving. I spent much of the weekend in tears at farewell gatherings.  I didn't realize how much I have grown attached to the people I have met over the last few years.   Hopefully these friendships will stand the test of time and I will see them often. 

I worked until noon, went to lunch with my co-workers and then I came home and chilled out before I picked the kids up from summer camp.  When we got home I could tell they were feeling a little blue.  We decided to pile on the hammock and talk about what we are worried about.  We talked a while and then fell asleep in a pile in the middle.  

I couldn't move and I may walk forever with my leg twisted out, but it was wonderful.  It was 72 degrees, sunny and breezy.  We were under the big maple tree in the back yard with limbs swaying back and forth and the sun warming my cheeks.  There might have been some snoring going on, but it was music to my ears.  

Not a bad way to spend an afternoon.  I have the next two weeks to absorb as much as I can of them before I leave.  

No comments: