Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Brilliant discovery

Today, the New England Journal of Medicine released this study.  They should give that credit to me.  Really.  For the last 10 years I have been watching the diet and health news and laughing at every new fad that came out.  

There is only one thing that is required to lose weight. 

We learned it in third grade. 

If you want a negative number, the number you subtract must be bigger than the number you put in.   In case you didn't get it, calories burned must be greater than the calories consumed.  

If you want to eat 3 snickers a day, fine, eat 3 snickers a day.  If you run/walk/karate and burn off those 873 calories, go for it.  

I was going to go on and on, but then we get it, we all get it.  We just don't want to admit that there is no magic pill.  We must exercise.  

I think I'll go have a thin mint and some skim milk.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I wonder how much that study cost? And if they had to include that fancy math you just explained in their hypothesis?