Thursday, November 6, 2008

Three hundred and forty!

It turns out that I am a chicken.  Bawk, bawk, bawk.  Okay, my sister could have told you that when I was 4 or 5.  After my little sister was born, my older sister and I had our bedroom moved down to the basement.  Every night before I could go to sleep, I would yell up to my Mom and Dad, "Did you lock the back door?"  There was a shed out behind our house (which I was told was haunted) and a very large field.  My older sisters both liked to scare the living daylights out of us.  Making us watch the Gargoyles movie and the likes.

Anyway, back to the point of my story. The other night I went running on a pretty well lit sidewalk, but the area is pretty desolate.  It gave me the creeps and it was only 5:00 pm.  We decided to join the local YMCA, it will make things easier for everyone.  EB and I can exercise, while the kids take swimming lessons, art classes or any number of other things.  I won't have to be afraid of the dark and I can run any time between 5 am and 10 pm. I also won't have to worry about slipping on the ice, in the great north here.  

Last night I went for the first time.  I went up to the treadmills/track area.  They have a 30 minute limit on the cardio equipment so I thought I run on the treadmill for a while and then on the track.  Get this.... the track is 1/17th of a mile.  

Yes that is right.     1/17th of a mile.

If I want to do a 20 mile training run I will need to run 340 laps. 

I am not sure who will lose their mind first, me trying to count all those laps or those people who have to watch me go by 340 times.  

I hope we have a mild winter.  

No comments: