Monday, April 20, 2009

Great plans

This past Thursday, I looked at the weather forecast and said we had to do some outdoor activity on Saturday.  I emailed a friend, but our schedules couldn't connect.  So I did a little research and found what seemed like a great bike trail just about an hour from our house.

We have swimming lessons on Saturday morning at 10:45, but I thought if we divided, we could conquer. 

In my mind I had this schedule planned out.

7:00 am  ~ Me, out for a long walk (7.4 miles to be exact)

8:30 ~ EB up, feed kids, start get the bike rack on the truck and get the bikes loaded up.

9:30 ~ Me, shower, pack the kids stuff up for swimming, have breakfast, pack all stuff for the bike ride.

10:20 ~ EB and the kids off to swimming lessons.

11:30 ~ Me, fix lunch.

11:45 ~ EB and the kids get home from swimming.

11:45 ~ All eat lunch.  

12:15 ~ All on the road with the bikes.

1:30 ~ Hit the trail for a couple hour bike ride.

5:00 ~ Hit Papa Murphy's and pick up Pizza on the way home.

I should have shared this schedule with EB, because this is what happened.

Friday night EB says, "I want to take your van in to get the oil changed."  

I sigh, but say "Okay."  It is overdue by about 2,000 miles.  

I do some quick rescheduling in my mind and figure we could still be on the road by 1:30 and on the trail by 2:30.

Here is how it went down

7:50 ~  Me, out for a long walk (7.4 miles to be exact)

8:20 ~ EB up, feed kids, off to the car shop. ( They drove past me, that is how I know when they left)

9:30 ~ Me, shower, pack the kids stuff up for swimming, have breakfast, pack all stuff for the bike ride.

10:20 ~ EB and the kids off to swimming lessons.

11:30 ~ Me, fix lunch.

11:45 ~ EB and the kids get home from swimming.

11:45 ~ EB puts the bike rack on the truck

12:15 ~ All eat lunch

12:30 ~ EB is going to quick air up all the bikes tires.

1:00 ~ Bang!  Z's tire blows up on his bicycle. 

1:05 ~ G and I run to Wal-Mart to get a new inner tube.

1:25 ~ Back from the store.

1:45 ~ Tire back on the bike.

2:00  ~ Finish loading the bikes on the truck.

2:05 ~ On the road.

3:10 ~ Arrive at destination, buy passes for the trail.

3:15 ~ Get on our bikes and start out lovely ride.  Better late than never, still excited.

3:19 ~ Z says, "Mom, something is wrong with my tire."  Bang!  Moooooom  Z's tire explodes and he falls off his bike.

3:25 ~ Walk the bikes back to the truck.  Pack up and leave for home.

3:45 ~ Stop at the DQ. (I had to bribe the kids with DQ to get them to go for a bike ride with me in the first place.) 

5:00 ~ Arrive home.  EB drops me off and takes the kids to the park.

Sunday morning I went to work.   

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's how it goes for me too. Interruptions constantly. Life can be so underwhelming.