Monday, April 5, 2010

Other people's children

I really don't like to talk about other people's children, because Lord knows I have had to carry my daughter, with legs and arms flailing, out of the grocery store.

Sunday during church, the mother in front of us let 2 of her 3 daughters (around 5 & 7 years of age) completely misbehave. At one point the older of the two, was hitting the younger one in the head with a shoe, as well as stepping on her head. They were out of control.

There are rules when we go to church. Our children are not allowed to sit next to each other. They generally keep themselves occupied with all the bible puzzles they hand out when you come in. Occasionally we will have to tell them to be quiet or to stand up and sing, but generally they are good.

The difference is, I will carry my child out when they are misbehaving. Even to my utter embarrassment.






1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Which is ultimately less embarrassing than to remain there and let the kids further embarrass you. We're of the same school of thought on this one!