Tuesday, January 19, 2010

We made it home, just barely

G had an eye dr.'s appointment this morning in the big city. We got there a tad bit early so we we sat in the parking ramp with the car running, so environmentally conscious, watching the exhaust blow past the front window. I decided to shut the car off and save gas and the environment. Only the exhaust didn't stop coming. Why you ask? It wasn't exhaust. Yes, my car was a smokin.
So I did what every other helpless woman like me does. I called the EB. Okay I did open the hood and look under the car, but what do I know. G's appointment was going to be anywhere from 2-4 hours, so I thought that would give it time to cool down.

Appointment got over in about an hour. Really. They never get done early. I needed more time for the car to cool down. We headed to the ramp. Prayed to that wonderful God and started the car. We did make it home and I took G to school. EB had called the dealership and made an appointment. So a couple of hours later I took the car in. It is 1.5 miles to the dealership. When he came to tell me what was wrong with my car, he said it was a miracle I made it the 1.5 miles from my house. No, the miracle was God getting me and G back to our house safe and sound.

Diagnosis. One very cracked and busted radiator. $844. Did you know that if you have rear heat in your minivan that it costs a ton more to get your radiator fixed. Now you know.

BTW G is just fine. They had dilated her eyes at the drs office and when I went to check on her at school, she was wearing he teachers shades. Apparently the sun at recess was just to much for her.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh no! I'm glad you made it home okay, though. Ouch--car trouble is never cheap, is it?