Sunday, July 12, 2009

Who knew.

Last night we took the kids to the drive-in. I haven't been to one in probably 18 years. The last movie I saw at the drive-in was a horror flick with Demi Moore. I don't like horror flicks.

It was a triple feature with Ice Age 3, Night at the Museum 2 and the Hangover. We took the truck, blankets, lawn chairs, pillows and snacks. We didn't bring our grills like everyone else. These people had quite the spreads going on. We also didn't get there early enough. Gates opened at 7. We got there at 8:30 for movies that started about 9:30. We had an okay spot, but next time we will go much earlier.

It was 15 bucks for the five of us to see 3 movies. Of course we didn't make it to the second two. Everyone was crying because they really wanted to stay, even though Z slept through most of the 1st movie. G says, "I stayed up until 2 am last weekend..........." I am a mean mom and said we were going home. All 3 were asleep before we got out of the parking lot.

Collar bone is feeling somewhat better, but still a long way to go. Too much typing for today.

2 comments:

Patti said...

I love the drive-in. Michael & I used to take the kids all the time. They of course don't remember it. When they were gone, we would go get Mexican carryout from the Foxhole, then hit the movies. I usually fell asleep. One time, we both did and woke up as people were honking and leaving. Can't beat the deal of a drive in.

We would love to go, but it is too long of a haul. LOL Of course, we could get a hotel.

Anonymous said...

We have a drive in here, too! But tailgating! Oh my!
We've never made it through the second feature either--too late for us even though we've tried. You can't be the price or the novelty of the experience, can you?