Sunday, November 21, 2010

Geez, only 32 shoppping days to go.

I would like to say that I am ready for Christmas, but that would be a big fat lie.  I have bought one present, just one.  I have thought about quite a few things I would like to buy.  Especially for myself.  All those sales, on all those ridiculous things that I want but truly do not need.   I am a technology/electronic gadget junky and my latest heart's desire in the new macbook air.  Really want one, really, rea;;y do not need one.  We have two laptops and an iMac.  Really do not need one.  If I keep saying that, maybe I will believe it.

The buy's list consisted of a variety of Nerf guns and accessories. G wants an easy bake oven, like she asked for and didn't get last year.   She would also like a pair of Ugg boots. They will be knock offs, I am not paying $90 for a pair of kid's boots.

Gabby and I did finish the Christmas cards today.  We decided to forgo the glitter on the last 15.  I ordered the pictures today, even though I didn't really like any of them.  There were a couple of the kids and th puppies that were cute, but EB insisted that we use a picture with all of us.  There wasn't a good one of all us with the puppies, so I think I will just let them chew the corner off of all of them as their signature.  They are good a chewing.  In fact they have just about finished off the legs of the coffee table. 

G and I listened to this while we were cutting and gluing.

I have this one and couple more like it, from when we were kids.  Remarkably this one is not scratched at all.  I also have a Jim Neighbors one I love.  I am so thankful EB bought me a record player earlier this year.  I use it all the time.

BTW, Best Buy upgraded us to a Silver Premier reward zone membership, which allows us to get Black Friday sales tomorrow.  The macbook air comes with a $125 Best Buy giftcard, which I could use to buy B the camera he wants for his birthday.  Of course, we could refer back to paragraph one where I stated that I really did not need that macbook air. 

I do not need a macbook air.  I do not need a macbook air.  I do not need a macbook air.  

If I can get through tomorrow without ordering one, I can probably lose the extra 15 pounds I have gained over the last two years. 

I do not need a macbook air.  I do not need a macbook air.  I do not need a macbook air.  I do not need a macbook air....................

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ah, yes, you do not need...but it's so easy to WANT!
Nerf is huge with my boys, too this year.