Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Where is my self control?

Seriously folks. I used to have some. A few years back (okay like 4) I never ate anything bad. I just stopped, I didn't participate in our department breakfasts, I could let a basket of candy sit on my desk for weeks and never touch it. I was trying to lose wait after the twins and I had such will power. Now I have, oh, less than 24 hours worth of will power.

It started yesterday at about 11:00, wouldn't you say AM. I emailed AM and said, I need some Milk Duds and I need them bad. The closest store is CVS and I despise it. I think I have been in there once in the last two years. Anyway, I managed to not go to the despised store, ate my fruit and then went home. Today, about 7:30 am, I started thinking about the darn Milk Duds, and I wanted them so bad, that all I could think about was Milk Duds, until I started thinking about Diet Coke and then I really could only think about Milk Duds and Diet Coke. I had work that needed to get done and it wasn't going to get done until I had my Milk Duds and Diet Coke. So I zipped over to the despised store, then to the vending machine and then to my desk where I proceeded to eat an entire box of Milk Duds and a drink 20 oz. Diet Coke over ice. Not even caffeine free.

Did you know there are 3.5 servings in one big box of Milk Duds. There are 6 grams of fat and 170 calories per serving. You do the math, I can't think about it. To top it off I ate my Milk Duds with a whole lot of pretzels. Chewy caramel and crunchy pretzels....MMMMMMM Then I proceeded to eat my left over spaghetti, carrots and an orange.

Needless to say I didn't feel to well after all of that. The kicker of it all. The darn Milk Duds were kind of stale, almost bitter, I am sure it is all that darn store's fault. Not that it stopped me from eating the whole entire box.

On a much happier note. A former co-worker was in town today and stopped by our office. It is great to see old friends, but then it also made me sad all over again.

No comments: